Chainkemists is a startup building new and unconventional gaming experiences made only possible by blockchain technology. We firmly believe that cryptographic protocols will usher in a new era of online gaming experiences that are community owned and governed, resilient, composable, open-source, and can ultimately LAST FOREVER. We are a team of gaming industry veterans excited to unlock a new future. We are looking for driven and passionate individuals who want to shape that new future with us.
We are looking for Senior Game Designer to help develop the future of blockchain gaming.
- Be a visionary, listener, teammate, and maker on a multi-disciplinary, player experience-driven team.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of and intuition for the target experience, core promise, and vision for the game. Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles.
- Working with Gameplay Designers, proactively suggest improvements to gameplay systems and principles. Be a key contributor to overall game design, leveraging your unique perspective to help us create the best possible player experience.
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines - code, animation, sound, visual effects - to bring all components together into a holistic experience.
- Use all available tools: paper design, team workshops, implementation in-engine, playtests, feedback sessions, iteration and tuning, and competitive inquiry to guide the process of design toward exceptional outcomes.
- Break down work into well-understood components in order to communicate technical needs, collaborate with engineering and tech to realize opportunities, and deftly navigate constraints
- Present the team's work to audiences and stakeholders to persuade, include, and excite.
- Experience with Unreal Blueprints.
- Experience with and enthusiasm for creature battlers.
- Experience with MMO design.
- Experience servicing the evolving needs of PvP gameplay in a live ops environment.
- Highly organized with a proven ability to deliver on deadlines.
- A passion for creating one-of-a-kind gameplay experiences.
Nice to Have
- Having a level design and/or scripting/technical design background.
- Experience with visual scripting tools.
- Be able to work on tasks with minimal supervision.
Chainkemists is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.