LAMINA1 is the brainchild of Neal Stephenson (Chairman), who first conceptualized the Metaverse in his 1992 million-selling book Snow Crash, and Peter Vessenes (CEO), a foundational leader from the early days of Bitcoin (co-founder/Chairman Bitcoin Foundation).
Together with a passionate and fast growing global community of developers, creators and artists, LAMINA1 (L1) is building a new Layer-1 chain to empower the Open Metaverse.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are insatiably curious (including significant interest in crypto and the Metaverse), keep your finger on the pulse of what’s going on in the world and have a dog-eared copy of Snow Crash (audio version ok too).
You would rather push code than whiteboard code, with a focus on getting product-market fit. We believe in incurring some technical debt on our way to launch. We like T shaped people - a lot of general interest + high interest in crypto/blockchain + some deep skills.
You should be at the pareto-optimal spot on the Dunning Kruger charts - smart enough to be humble but not so humble you think you won't make a difference.
You should like small, very high-quality teams, and execution.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Blockchain Architect to join the team and take a leadership role at the foundational level. You have a passion for blockchain technology and are excited about empowering creators and builders of all kinds with the capability to realize and manifest their metaverse imagination. You fundamentally believe in the importance of open infrastructure and have a sense of how to unlock the power of technology for everyone no matter their skill level.
We will get you whatever you need to execute.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Architect, design and develop the blockchain stack within the Lamina1 architecture.
- Build foundational specifications and software in the form of reference implementations. Golang is preferred but not essential.
- Hire and lead a core blockchain team
- Contribute to the ideation of new capabilities working with other engineers and technical product managers.
- Contribute with the best practices to create open infrastructure and ensure it adheres to the industry standards in terms of QA.
- Contribute to building the engineering culture.
- Provide technical leadership, mentor and guide the engineering team on best practices and software architecture.
- Identify and implement the most appropriate programming languages and frameworks leading to effective solutions.
- Relevant experience in developing distributed systems, virtual machines, and/or blockchain protocols preferably in Golang/Rust/C++.
- Experience with architecture and design of layer 1 blockchains and related systems, Avalanche experience a bonus but not required.
- Experience with EVM implementations.
- Computer Science fundamentals, experience with blockchain protocols and data structures, algorithms, system design concepts, and problem-solving.
- Distributed systems knowledge, and experience shipping large scale software.
- You understand client-server communication: HTTP, REST, RPC.
- Love to be scrappy and ship.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Attractive compensation and token allocation
- Work with thought leaders in the spatial and blockchain space
- 3 weeks vacation
- Flexible Hours
- Gym/Fitness reimbursement
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Hybrid Work from Home and Office (for those in LA)
- Unlimited book reimbursement
If this sounds amazing then we definitely want to hear from you.